Return to the Market Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tornadoes - is everyone OK?

Posted by ajsmama 5b (NW CT) (My Page) on
Tue, May 21, 13 at 6:36

Jay is, don't know if anyone else in the path?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tornadoes - is everyone OK?

We were just outside of the path that created all that disaster. Very high winds and lots of lightening. Knocked a few plants off a table that I forget to sit on the ground.

There were tornadoes from Oklahoma city, OK thru east of Chicago yesterday thru early this morning.

Lots of rain, but haven't checked the rain gauge.

Hope everyone else is ok, I know my family members in OK are.

o

We didn't get as much rain as I expected, only .2, just seemed like alot inside the house with all the wind.

Indiana had some minor damage, only power outrages from what I've heard this morning. But there was a line from the OK area up thru IL, into MI that headed east. We are still under a threat of severe weather from OK/AR thru MI today. Tomorrow it heads east for OH and east.

Tom and Brooke, I seen last night that there were tornadoes in your neck of the woods. Hopefully not anywhere like OKC.

o

Other than wet all OK here. Apparently they had some wind damage just north of me (trees and powerlines) as Dad called at 05:30 this AM to ask if I was OK (other than grouchy from being roused at that un-Godly hour). Have not heard from Brooke but the radar looks like his side of I-70 is getting the bulk of the rain tonight. The gauge here had just a touch under 1.5" last night so no field work for a couple days. Starting to look like a pattern.

Tom

o

We're not getting the rain that you'all have had. Very dry, thank goodness for all the moisture this winter.

Glad you're OK, hope Brooke is also.

o

We lucked out overall, and I'm extremely thankful. We did lose a huge Bradford pear in our yard that I've been sawing up and hauling off the last 3 days, but we really didn't get the rain we could have. We had .9 here and a little less than that at the farm. I will try to get back in the field this afternoon.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Market Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here