Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
2ajsmama

What kind of tape can you use to make seams on greenhouse film?

2ajsmama
10 years ago

or is it not a good idea at all? I thought if I bought a 42' or 48' wide remnant from Farmtek that I might be able to cut it in half along the length (can't find any long enough to just use that the width of my hoophouse - need more than 22ft) and then seam it, so say a 10ft length could be cut in half to give me two 21-24ft x 10ft pieces that I could then use to cover 20ft long hoophouse, not including end walls. A couple of such remnants could cover the 35-40ft or so I'd like to get up this year, but would result in 3 seams running over the arch.

Or am I better off saving my $ to buy a longer length when I get the house(s) built, even if the remnant is 50% off the per-ft price?

I think eventually I'd want 60-75ft, since I have hoops from 135ft tunnel that were placed 3ft apart, haven't quite figured location yet, so might have 2 tunnels side by side or even 2 tunnels in 1 location and another smaller one somewhere else (like near my house), even though I know that will cost more for lumber. I just don't have a level spot 135 long (except in my backyard and I don't think DH will let me put a long HT there, I might get away with a 14x20 greenhouse though).

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks