Return to the Market Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Promoting Your Market

Posted by moonblooms z8 AL (My Page) on
Thu, May 11, 06 at 11:48

If you had only three points to make when promoting your local farmer's market, what would they be?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Promoting Your Market

Fresh
locally grown
chemical free

o

meet the grower
local
fresh

o

Sometimes we as farmers make the mistake of thinking it's all about us. Essentially we're part of the Partners Building Communities movement. Many of us are working together to revitalize neighborhoods in urban areas.

Our mission statement reads something like this: The mission of our market is to enhance the quality of life in the community by offering a wide variety of fresh produce, flowers, and products from farmers, growers, and artisans.

o

Thanks for everyone's ideas. This morning I went on one of our local news stations to promote our outdoor market. It went by so quickly, but we were able to display our flowers and the honey we produce. It was great publicity for the market as well as our honey and flower business. I would highly recommend contacting your local news stations about doing a segment on your markets. We also had a cook prepare a recipe using our honey while discussing the market. It took a little of the pressure off me. I was nervous at first, but I'm really glad I went through with it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Market Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here