Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andreaz6wv

This isn't a Farmer's Market!!!!!

andreaz6wv
13 years ago

So, I joined my city's Farmer's Market last year. Had a great time. The times-days are not the best. Tuesday and Friday 10-2. Not great for people who work "regular" jobs.

Anyways, I'm over that part.

Several vendors did not come back this year. Saying it's not their type of market. I agree. I along with maybe 2 or 3 others were the only "local" producers. Several got their things down south. I'm over that part now too.

Here's the kicker... They were going to make a committee and vote on who should be at the market that doesn't sell food items. They were going to ask a few vendors, but didn't that I know of.

So there were vendors selling Tupperware, silver jewelry, Party-Lite, etc... It seemed like a flea market. I'm so dissapointed. I didn't go opening day b/c I had family in and went out of town. If I had been there I would have been the only one selling local produce. There was one other guy who had signs selling Florida produce. He only put the sign up b/c he was asked to. Last year he would lie to the customers.

Thanks for the vent,

Andrea

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus