Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
albertine_gw

row cover - sources, best kind?

albertine
10 years ago

Hi all, Thanks for the responses on the flea beetles thread about row cover So far Johnnie's, Farmtek, GM Ag Supply, and BerryHill have been mentioned as sources.
Also, is anyone using the Typar cover? How are you finding it in terms of durability versus the usual suspects - Reemay, Agribon?
I went back and found what I originally ordered, which was some Typar from Johnnie's. After checking around online, they looked like they had the best pricing and shipping rates for it (surprise for me - great rates to Idaho), but I'm wondering if it might be better to just go with the less expensive options. I am using it for early starting and spring hail protection mostly, so would be getting the heavier weights of the alternatives. (For summer bugs I am trying bridal tulle, but not expecting that to last very long. Nice to be able to see through it, no heat build up).
This is the second season of part time use for the Typar, and so far it looks good. Haven't had a real hail test, but hoping it will work for most reasonable events. It seems stiffer and not as 'fabricy' as regular row cover, if that makes sense. I haven't used it in the hot months. Also, the 15 foot width works for my set up...

Comments (3)