Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
henhousefarms

Oh the joys of the plant sale

henhousefarms
11 years ago

Last Saturday was the annual spring sale in on of our market towns and we take plants to sell each year. It's not a huge sale but the locals all know us and it helps to cover seed costs. Got up there and found our spot, managed to get the rig in (we pull a 28' box trailer) to unload. Problem is we are right next to the Weenie Wagon and he still has his truck hooked and in our stall. So we start unloading (partly in our stall, partly in the next one over) when the manager come over to explain. Turns out the electric hookup for the Weenie Wagon was not working right and if he had to move to another stall he did not want to have to re-hook (would have been a moot point since with our stall set up he could not have gotten out anyway). But the city has an employee on the way to save the day so hang loose and we will have it strait in a few minutes. So we finished unloading and got the rig out and parked and there we sat. Pretty soon the city truck pulls up, a fellow opens the pannel, fiddles around then leaves again. A few minutes later back he comes so I wander over to see what's going on (actually felt sorry for the guy because he had quite an audience now). He changed out the breaker and the Weenie Wagon still has no power. By this point everyone is standing around scratching their backsides and I'm watching the clock ticking away. Not being the patient type I ask the city guy if he has power in the junction box. Well he isn't sure because he's the city's landscape guy and just was who was working that day. OK, I ask if he has a meter in the truck. Somewhere he guesses. That's OK - I have one in my truck so go and get it. As I walk past I notice Dad is chuckling - I stop and he asks why it took so long for me to get my tools out. Get back to the box - box has power, breaker has power, plug has power - so must be the Weenie Wagon. Weenie Wagon Man thinks it might be the plug on his cord as he had not used it yet this year and the Weenie Wagon itself was plugged in and working when he had it at his house las night. OK - I dis-assemble the plug, checked and tightened the conections - nothing. Start working down line - cord has power on the trailer end, adapter from the cord to the plug on the trailer has power. Go into the trailer, Weenie Wagon Man opens the trailer's breaker box - I ask why are all the breakers turned off?? They are?? He throws the breaker for the freezer and it takes off humming. Sure enough somehow all the breakers got turned off. Grr. I put the tools away, tell the city guy all is OK (much to his relief) and finally Weenie Wagon Man moves his truck. By this time we have maybe 45 minutes to get set up but made it for the most part. All's well that ends well I guess but getting there was an adventure. And the worst part? I had to stand there all day next to the Weenie Wagon and smell those funnel cakes cooking (I made it to almost 11 AM before I had to go over and get one). How's that for a market...

Comment (1)

Sponsored