Return to the Market Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Suggestions in finding a flower vendor

Posted by trillium28 Chicago, IL (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 6, 06 at 0:13

Hello-

I'm new to this site and its great to read all this wonderful information.

I am in search of any suggestions or ideas in finding a flower vendor for our small market. We are too small for the larger growers, been there tried that. That's why I believe a smaller grower may be right for us.

Thanks-

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Suggestions in finding a flower vendor

Are you looking to sell flowers or to buy flowers.

o

I am looking for someone to sell flowers at our market.

o

Hi Trillium,
I am a cut-flower grower in Northern IL, currently involved with several markets in the Chicago area. I have heard, from other market mgrs that we cut-flower growers are not too easy to find in this area! Perhaps you could share more info about your market - where is it, day and hrs of operation, traffic flow, etc. It is a bit late to be looking for someone for this season, as most growers are already committed to markets and began planning crops, quantities, etc a number of months ago. On the other hand, sometimes a market will just not work out as expected for a grower, or circumstances will force a change in market schedules.
More information is needed from you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Market Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here