Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
inacio_gw

how do i price

Inacio
19 years ago

I am so new to this, although I have been gardening most of my life.

My family and I moved from Toronto to Portugal almost a year ago. There are various properies which have been in my husband's family for at least 4 generations so we chose one overlooking the bay of Sao Martinho...breathtaking!!!

No elec. or running water, but we do hope to build a home there one day.

...long story short...we have created an organic oasis even after being repeatedly being told 'can't be done...you need chemicals...just grow potatoes...'

Now it seems there is an interest in buying our produce and by products. Here is my problem:

Nothing to compare it to here. I have grown produce not available here (seeds from UK) eg. yellow pear tomatoes, haricot vert, many types of lettuces and greens etc. etc.

All of my potential clients are foreigners who understand what organic growing means (agriculutra biologica in Portuguese)and so from that standpoint I don't have to do much marketing and rely on word of mouth. I'm only talking about a 2000 sq. ft. garden, with the potential of going as large as I want.

Is there any sort of magical mathematical formula that I might use or anything else to give me some guidelines when pricing?

Any advise or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Ohh yes-my Portuguese is pathetic, though my husband is fluent.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH