Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
telecaster_gw

go ahead and try it..a.driveway stand!

telecaster
17 years ago

I thought this year what have I got to loose..labor cost is not an issus becauce I love doing this and it is on a very small scale..so I grew about 100 tom plants in my gararge.

repotted a couple times and put them out by the road in a small garden cart...50 cents apiece..aside from watering there was no other time involved.To my surprise I made about $30 in this little town of 400 people.As a rule people don't even look at the label if it's a heirlom or whatever.

They mostly pick up the biggest best looking plant.

One other good thing is that I will have a little word of mouth advertisement because of this.Another tip is if there is going to be a city wide garage sale in your town make sure you put up some signs and be ready for that ..Also advertise at work if u can ..I sold quite a few plants that way also...Give it shot..If you are in it strictly for the $ you would have to spend some on a stand and probably set up in ither places but if you just enjoy gardening and would like to at least get some cash for supplies next year give it a try..PS: MY PLANTS LOOKED BETTER AND SURVIVED BAD WEaTHER BETTER THAN ANY STORE BOUGHT PLANTS AT HALF THE PRICE...

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County