Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
myfamilysfarm

new green/hoop house

myfamilysfarm
12 years ago

I thought I would pass on what we found a few weeks ago.

On craigslist, I found an ad for bent greenhouse pipes $150. I contacted them and found out that it HAD been a 24-96 hoophouse that the bad storms in April had taken down. It had bent most of the frames into "S" and "M" shapes. After looking at it, James (hubby) decided that he could rebend it into a hoop shape. We bought it and picked it up a week later with our middle son. After we brought it home, middle son started rebending the hoops and in about 4-5 hrs we had a 22x40 hoop frame installed (minus the band boards and such. The other half that could be salvaged went to son's house down the lane. Now we have 2 22x45 hoops and are installing the band boards and boards along the sides for roll-up side curtains.

I'm so happy with finding that ad. Now we have to decide what all we will try this next year. We did not put in the field, but are thinking about putting raised beds on both sides and using the center for pots.

Right now, we have some tarps attached to the inside of the frame and am using it as a loading center. Our vehicles can back in and load the plants and such to go to markets. So much nicer than loading in the hot sun.

We are open for ideas, we won't have heaters for this next year, maybe later.

Marla

Comments (4)

Sponsored