Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
madroneb

Market booth transition spring to summer

Mark
10 years ago

Spring greens are passing and the transition to summer fruits begins.
There may even be some ripe tomatoes from the hoophouse next week!
I thought i'd show some pics of the market booth as of Wednesday.
Even with some rain it was still a decent day........

Anyone else have some pics to share?

-Mark

Comments (12)

• randy41_1
    10 years ago

i don't have any pics but your stuff looks great.

• Rio_Grande
    10 years ago

That looks great. We diddnt plant enough of our spring crops to have much more than we needed for CSA shares. But summer crops should be a different story. We have almost a whole acer of sweet corn rows planted on 24 in.

• little_minnie
    10 years ago

All looks wonderful! I like how it is piled up together. Must be a morning market. We can never get away with having stuff out of ice water/cooler etc in the afternoon. To have lettuce just out like that would be nice. I keep my green top carrots in a tub of water at market too.
    Where are your price signs? Is everything each or weighed?

• Mark
    Original Author
    10 years ago

It's actually an afternoon market, 2-7. I have some shade from a cherry tree behind me which helps.
    As far as wilting, things sell fast enough that I just keep restocking fresh from tubs under the table all day. I only put so much out at one time.
    The lettuce at the end of the day is sometimes a bit sad, but people usually grab it anyway if there's nothing else available.

Price signs were about to go out just after I took the pic. Some things are by weight and some by the bunch. If you want to know any prices specifically, let me know.

Rio, thats gonna be a ****load of corn! Yum.

Anyone else with some pics from their stand?

• Rio_Grande
    10 years ago

Yes sir, I hope it sells good. We did half this much last year for family and friends, we are still eating it.

• little_minnie
    10 years ago

I don't have any pics from this year yet.
    This is one table from last year. They use it in the newsletter.
    {{gwi:1043883}}

• henhousefarms
    10 years ago

A pic from two weeks ago at Richland - forgot to get any new ones today. They are really promoting the market hard this spring and it's paying off. The transition to summer produce is coming along - had a little sweet corn today and should have melons in a couple weeks.

• 2ajsmama
    10 years ago

This is a picture the PR person for market took on June 19 (1st day of market). Sorry I don't have any others. Didn't go this week, will on July 3rd.

• Slimy_Okra
    10 years ago

Great picture. How do you avoid root maggots from ruining turnips? Anyone got any advice?

• Mark
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I grow the little Hokuri or salad turnips. I cover them with agribon the moment they germinate and keep it on the whole time.
    The first 2 plantings I forgot to do it and lost about 1/3 of them. I remembered for the last spring planting and had the nicest ones i've ever grown.

• myfamilysfarm
    10 years ago

tom, I may need to come over. Haven't had a good melon yet or sweet corn.

I'm processing jelly and jam as fast as I can, last market I sold more than 6 pints (can't remember how many more, could have been 12) plus took an order for 14 1/2 pints of wild black raspberry jam. I'm almost afraid of what I've got myself into. Picked up 60 more jars from WM, cleaned out 2 stores.

We had some tomatoes at market Saturday, raised in high tunnel (no heat). Flavor just wasn't there yet, but first picking.

• little_minnie
    10 years ago

I grow white turnips too and use cover as long as possible but still get some root maggots. I also grow red turnips. Can't remember if they get less.

Sponsored