Return to the Market Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
buying garlic seed stock

Posted by little_minnie 4 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 23, 13 at 23:58

Due to the Asters Yellows continuing up here I have to buy all new stock for fall. I am looking for suggestions on good places to by for decent prices. I planted over 1000 of my own last year and it sure is a bummer to have to start over again. Some garlic sources are just so expensive!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: buying garlic seed stock

I always use filaree garlic farm. Depends on how much you are growing- their max order for each variety is give or take 50 lbs...but they do offer bulk pricing!!

o

I sell seed garlic for $10 a pound plus shipping starting in August. The varieties are Northern white, Khabar, Shandung, Lorz italian and Elephant garlic ($8/lb)
It's looking like it'll turn out huge this year and completely disease free.
Anyone interested can contact me through my website which is linked here on "My Page".

-Mark

o

Mark,
I emailed you regarding your seed garlic! I'd love to try some of those varieties :)

o

That explains the huge crop that you have Mark.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Market Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here