Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
2ajsmama

Help with Facebook page!

2ajsmama
9 years ago

I started a FB account, and yesterday my sister helped me get some content on it, but it was a personal account. I created a business page today, but it's linked to that account so I can't "convert" now using the same name. I haven't "published" the page yet, so I think that what people will see when they look for Briarwoods Farm on FB is the "personal" page. Will this change once I publish? Can I delete the business page right now and then convert? Or do I have to delete the whole account and start over with a different name (like BriarwoodsFarm CT)?

Thanks

Comments (5)

• Slimy_Okra
    9 years ago

Not completely sure what you mean. I have both a personal account and a linked business page, but there is nothing on the business page that indicates my name or what personal account it is linked with. You can also add additional administrators.

This post was edited by Slimy_Okra on Thu, Jul 17, 14 at 23:40

• 2ajsmama
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Since I started the account with first name Briarwoods last name Farm I think that's what was showing up in a search - a Timeline that I had tried to edit down to farm stuff. The business page I "created" that was linked to that had the same name, so confusing, I don't know what people could see before I "published" and what would see after - I've published it now and a friend of my sister who has a farm next town over is checking it out.

But I was able to change the name on the account last night (warning this can't be done again within 60 days) so hopefully that takes care if it though I used farm name as alternate so it's in parens, still don't know if it will show up in a search. I don't intend to use the account (personal page) for personal stuff, no photos of the kids, etc. and I want to put all the farm stuff on the farm page so not much to see on the Timeline.

Kind of related - I googled the farm name and came up with a listing on a site called Agrilicious that I don't remember joining, I thought I remembered them posting here - the description was verbatim what I had put on LocalHarvest last summer! Is anybody else listed with them? I even checked my email looking for an invitation I might have responded to but didn't find it.

This post was edited by ajsmama on Sat, Jul 19, 14 at 16:18

• jnjfarm_gw
    9 years ago

I had similar problem. here is what I did 1. create a separate email account, then create facebook using that email as sign in. I had to change name on fb account since I had already set the other name as an account.

• 2ajsmama
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Basically that's what I did - first set up the account with Briarwoods Farm name as I said above, using farm email. Then changed the name to my maiden name but kept the farm email, didn't give my personal email.

I found that even when it said I was posting, commenting and liking as Briarwoods Farm page rather than as Sheila, I really wasn't. In order for my "likes" to be shown on the farm page, I had to go to pulldown menu all the way to the top right of page and set it to "Use Facebook as" Briarwoods Farm.

Spent the morning trying to figure out how to set up a site on Weebly. That's even harder. Plus the name was taken so I had to add "CT" to the end - but the www.briarwoodsfarm.weebly.com site is a placeholder, no content (not even contact) so I don't know if that was something I had experimented with a year or so ago (not realizing it was Published). Don't know email address (probably farm) or password I would have used though. Guess I can contact weebly to find out what the email address was to see if it's mine or someone else's.

I think I'm going to ask my teenager to set up website for me - he's acted as webmaster for Scouts so hopefully he can figure out weebly and get a good page design. I just want a home page and a blog for now.

But he doesn't do Facebook (I think he opened an account just to see track/cross-country schedule) so can't help with that.

• jnjfarm_gw
    9 years ago

I am not a fb expert by any means but I have to log out of 1 fb acc. and log in to the other acc. that is how I keep them seperate

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz