Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rsimon_gw

Ideas for display

RSimon
19 years ago

I am curious how all of you set up your tables and how they look. Is anyone willing to post photos? Thanks.

Comments (6)

• margaretmontana
    19 years ago

Sorry I haven't a digital camera or figured out how to post photos. For our Market a lot use tablecloths to dress up tables, cover plywood or whatever. I use different size baskets for my tomatoes, peppers, squash, cukes to make it more eye appealing. I find that signs that are laminated work well and stay nice looking. Smaller signs I have covered with clear contact paper to keep them looking fresh.

• RSimon
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Thank you, for your post. As I have been looking back at earlier posts, this looks like a question that comes up now and then. I really want a quaint country look for my stand, but like to look at what other people are doing. I am a real "visual" learner, and I also love seeing what others are doing.

• Tom1953
    19 years ago

I use colored baskets on a very colorful table cloth. I also have steps that are on the side of my Veggie Wagon. There are three steps I use them for items that are small. I would like to show everyone my Veggies Wagon but I too do not know how to post photos on here. If you like email me, I will send some to you.
    hopefarm@adelphia.net

Tom

• paulsalvaterra
    19 years ago

www.growingformarket.com has a lot of info on this, their newsletter often has photos and articles. Also they have some receipes that print out very nicely.

Paul

• Ron_and_Patty
    19 years ago

Tom,

Here are some pictures of our setup. Since we are just starting out, it's probably not the best, and I'm sure others here who have been doing it for years could give us a few pointers.

{{gwi:1044397}}
    Overview: We have a big table and two smaller ones with a large umbrella between. Next time we'll probably set up the umbrella to shade the fruit better. Note the slight indented V shape so shy customers can browse without feeling committed. Under the tables are totes with more produce ready to stock into the table top baskets. The right rear table is standing on a couple of wooden boxes. Our scale is in the middle and the money box and bags or anything messy are all underneath, out of sight.

{{gwi:1044399}}{{gwi:1044401}}
    Big Table and Two Small Tables: Note, free brochures, tomato labels stuck in the side of the baskets, prices clearly marked and well padded baskets to protect the precious fruit.

{{gwi:1044403}}
    End of day: Note, Patty and I are both there the whole time, so as stuff disappears we consolidate and shrink the display down so it doesn't look empty. I'll haul tables and empty baskets and totes back to the truck, while she serves the customers. We can move the umbrella to cast shade since the July sun is VERY hot in Georgia.

I hope this gives you some "visual" help. This is our first year at the Farmer's Market and we're loving it. We'll get better at it and make more permanent signs and whatever as time allows. We also don't have huge amounts to move and sell yet, so in the coming years I'm sure we'll have to make some changes. People seem to like our display, but our enthusiasm and interest in giving them a good Farmers' Market experience with superior produce is just as important.

Good luck to you,
    Ron and Patty

• Ron_and_Patty
    19 years ago

Sorry Tom, I intended this for RSimon who posted the original question.

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living