Return to the Market Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman Till - How to connect linkages?

Posted by Opus61856 SC (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 9, 12 at 23:07

I have a Craftsman Till (model 917295350) and I cannot figure out how to (re)connect the governor spring and carbeurator linkages to the engine.

No pictures were made on how it had been connected. ANY help would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman Till - How to connect linkages?

Someone here might be able to help you but there is a tools forum that can be selected from the list provided in the "other forums" menu. Probably more info there.

I've seen good archived discussions/recommendations on tillers in that forum.

Good luck.

o

What brand of engine is it (guessing Briggs). Get the manufacturer's number off of it (not the Sears # as they list the engine for this tiller as discontunued and can not get the manufacture's number). With that should be able to find a diagram.

Tom

o

Sears/Craftsman use alot of different companies to make their products. One year is one company and the next a different company. Don't waste your time asking Sears, they will not know. Good luck.

o

Since I am unable to find an engine part # let me know if there is some way to identify the Briggs engine.

o

It should have B&S or Briggs and Stratton on it somewhere, using the top near/on the pulling cord.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Market Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here