Return to the Market Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
peppers

Posted by chester5731 5 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 2, 10 at 10:40

Last year my peppers done well. This year I am stumped. The plants look good with a nice green color. A few plants have four or five peppers on them but the rest don't even have any blossoms. Could it be that I planted them late and they just havn't started or could I have some other problem?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: peppers

Could it be that I planted them late and they just havn't started or could I have some other problem?

Yes it could be you planted them late and they just havn't started or you could have some other problem!

o

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I am sure they will start producing now!

o

I had problems with my peppers this year also. Early on I had lots of plants whose blossoms kept falling off, they are just now starting to produce half way decently, but still not at all like they should be. I only have a couple of plants with a bunch of peppers on them. I think my problems are weather related. I have been having problems with my tomatoes rotting, and everyone I talk to has also been having similar problems. Just hang in there hopefully you will start to get a bunch of peppers very soon.

o

Last week I sprayed them with epsom salt and water. It seems to be helping. I might give them another dose later this week. One variety is producing some, but the other has not started yet. Will wait and see.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Market Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here