Return to the Market Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
friends of the market

Posted by buggsy (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 14, 06 at 19:34

hello everyone

myself and another vendor have just taken over the managing of our market 6 weeks ago. in the spring we had 3 vendors now after alot of leg work we now have 19 vendors. we are just wondering if there are any ideas out there that we could use to increase our vendors and customers, we just had a corn roast, bbq , demonstration chef cooking our produce and a kids tractor pull . also does any other markets have a friends of the market group to help out and raise funds for their market?

thanks

buggsy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: friends of the market

• Posted by budb 8b (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 14, 06 at 21:40

Buggsy
Get a copy of "The New Farmers' Market".
It should be required reading for all new managers or
vendors.
Good luck with your new market!
Bud

o

Buggsy:
Our market manager lost interest in the middle of the season, but the vendors(about 10 )kept it going. It turned out to be a really good thing. I will be taking over as the manager next year,I can't wait. We have alrealy advertising for the 2007 season vendors. We've had a lot of possitive responses. Also, the book "The New Farmers Market" really is an awsome book. Good luck with your market, Heidi

o

Just a update on our improving market...We had a new vendor come to the market. Instead of driving a pick up truck, he came to the market with a HORSE DRAWN WAGON. Talk about a crowd pleaser. He used the wagon as part of his display, the horse obviously wasn't able to stay at the market(liability reasons) I think our market is definetly on the up swing for next season. Heidi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Market Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here