Return to the Market Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pumpkin prices?

Posted by misterg z5IL (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 17, 04 at 9:39

this is my first year growing and I have figured out most pricing, but can someone tell me how to price pumpkins for a farmer's market? also - is there a price guide somewhere that I might look this up?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pumpkin prices?

I'm selling Rouge vif d'Etamps at farmers market and farmstand for: small $5, medium $6, large $7 and huge for $10.

o

pls assist me to get market for my pumpkins it is a newly project that i have started and it is actually doing very well
Thanks in advance.

o

For fancy pumpkins I figure 50c per pound and reduce a little bit as necessary. Your average pumpkin around here sells all over for $2 so it is hard for me to sell fancy pumpkins just for decoration.

o

For me, it's too early to decide the prices. Alot of things can go wrong between now and pumpkin harvesting time. Alot of prices depend upon how many pumpkins are available.

I haven't planted mine yet, I know it's getting late.

Marla

o

It depends on varity-myfamilyfarm- I planted my 115 day pumkins two weeks ago and i have some to plant this week, then the last ones week aftyer next. I like mine to ripen the last week of sept-first of oct.,but thats me. I wait to see what everyone else is selling for.

o

I like to start picking after Labor Day, with just a few ready for Labor Day. People seem to want to start decorating on Labor Day weekend around here. I won't be planting or doing anything for awhile, severe rains with hail just beginning to calm down. Can't check the rain gauge yet, but I would guess 2" within the last hour.

Marla

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Market Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here