Return to the Market Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to buy wreaths and swags for making arrangements

Posted by daveinvt Vermont (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 15, 04 at 14:06

curious to find a reasonable price on wreaths and swags for our dried flowers. any help would be great! thanks, dave

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to buy wreaths and swags for making arrangements

You might want to try and find the local Christmas tree farmers there in your area and see if you can buy bulk - either whole trees or branch trimmings. Sometimes they will sell these and maybe trees that are too stunted, misshapen, or otherwise unfit for a Xmas tree on the open market. That way you can make your own with a wreath form and some paddle wire from a florist supply house. I used to do that all the time - I'd go to the farmer's markets and buy up all the junk and use it to make wreaths, garlands, swags, and the like. I found it to be very economical as opposed to buying pre-packed boxes of cut evergreens.

Jim

Here is a link that might be useful: Vermont Christmas Tree Growers

o

Are you looking for balsam or dried floral bases?

o

If you have a floral wholesaler in your area you could try there. I go to one in the Baltimore area and another in the DC area and the selections are HUGE!! Roping, wreaths, evergreen topiarys etc, etc.

o

Do you have a "Hobby Lobby" in your area? They are extremely reasonable and usually have sales a couple of times a year. I've been able to get swag bases and wreath bases for $2-4 each full price there.
DD

o

daveinvt Why don't you just use a wreathmaker to assemble your wreaths and swags. I do alot of them using fresh flowers and hang the wreath to dry after. It takes alot less time than using hot glue.

o

I'm actually looking for twig wreaths and swags. We are using our dried flowers...not making traditional Christmas wreaths.

o

I think Whitney Originals in Machias, Maine makes twig bases. I tried to look in while I was driving by last night but it was dark inside. 1-800-562-7963.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Market Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here