Return to the Market Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
gourds

Posted by Randy41 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 7, 05 at 17:25

anyone grow and sell gourds? what do you charge for them?
i've got both small ones that appear to be ready to sell now and some big ones that maybe need another week or so.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: gourds

I was selling speckled swans for $3.
Others not ready yet...Ann

o

Small ornamental gourds 4 for $1.00
Small apple gourds 2 for $1.00
Regular apple gourds $3.00
Large apple gourds $4.00
Average gooseneck or swan gourds$3.00
Large gooseneck or swan $4 or $5(for really nice ones)
Snake gourds $5.00
Mini Birdhouse 3for $1.00
Average Birdhouse $2 or $3.00
Large Birdhouse $4 or $5
Penguin $2 to $4
Dipper $2 to $5

I have been picking the smaller gourds for a couple weeks but just started picking the larger ones the last couple days. We opened our roadside stand on Saturday and so our season has just begun. The larger apple, birdhouse, dipper, penguin and goosenecks are just starting to cure on vine. Picking one or two so far of each kind.
The snake gourds have been great ...first year we have grown them and they are pretty neat. Kids loved them ..I sold all I had picked of them that were ready.

o

i brought my first batch of "small" gourds last saturday and sold them for $1 each. i sold about half of what i brought.
all my bigger gourds (saw some snakes out there) are not yet ready.

o

since our local wal-mart is selling them 5 for $3.00, I decided to follow their lead and do an advertisement on my table for the samll ornamental gourds-
Everyday low prices!
Compare and save
Wal mart price 5 for $3.00
Our price 4 for $2.00

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Market Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here