Return to the Market Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Safety in Parking

Posted by Gabrielle_LA 70563 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 12, 04 at 17:57

We participate in a very nice farmer's market in Louisiana. It is usually fun for vendors and all. We use a large parking lot on Main St. which has a raised landscaped walkway where we set up our tables and most of us sit backed up to our tables with our scales hanging from our trucks. Our customers were allowed to park facing the walkway on the other side of the walkway from the vendors. An elderly lady tried to park across from us, and hit her accelerator instead of her brakes. Her car hit me on July 10 and I am still in a wheelchair and will be for awhile.
Please be aware of the danger! A police baracade is set up now so no one can park facing the vendors.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Safety in Parking

Gabrielle, I hope you'll have full recovery as quick as possible. How awful.

o
RE: Safety in Parking

Thank you, Robin. I thought that by posting my message I might help warn others of the potential problems in parking. The doctor will let me know the first week in October if my right thigh has healed enough, or if I need a bone graft. I have not been allowed to put weight on either leg since the accident. I am thankful that I am alive, since they gave my family little hope during that first week.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Market Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here