Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
reagantrooper

Will you?

reagantrooper
18 years ago

Will you raise your prices this weekend or not? Will the market tolerate it?

If so how much?

Comments (4)

• randy41_1
    18 years ago

yeah....i've got some winter squash that i've been selling for $1 a pound but now i think i can raise it by 50 cents a pound every hour i'm at the market.

• paveggie
    18 years ago

If your price was reasonable before, it should be reasonable now. Not much difference between this week and last, it would seem.

• Tom1953
    18 years ago

Not this next week or this season, but next year for sure. Gas prices will effect evey part of my operations. Shipping will be increased, plastic and fertilizers will be more expensive.
    I plan to be able to still make a living and not hurt my customers.
    Tom

• barrie2m_(6a, central PA)
    18 years ago

So many fruits and veggies have a set price for the season but I have had success with a variable price on crops like tomatoes. I grow in a high tunnel and demand a high price for June tomatoes. But customers like it when I tell them that they will be 25 cents less next week. I drop the price for 7 consecutive weeks and hold it @ $2/box until now. At the first frost date I start raising the price, usually at 50 cent increments to reflect a short supply. It just makes sense to fluctuate prices according to supply and demand principles. I would only consider doing it during the season with crops that are somewhat "Out-of-season". And keep an eye on market prices since you don't want to charge $10 for a similar size pumpkin that everyone else has for $5.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!