Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gooseberry_guy

Farmer's Market deaths

gooseberry_guy
18 years ago

A Farmer's Market in Cadillac, Michigan was the scene of an accident caused by an out of control car this morning.

I can't keep from thinking of the California Farmer's Market tragedy everytime I set up a stand at a market. Now this one has occured close to home, which doesn't help my peace of mind.

I suppose when we have our annual market meeting, we'll be discussing this accident and suggesting ways to prevent this from occuring. Our local market is set up in the middle of a large parking lot, which allows for a possible repeat situation. I've seen a few of the older drivers do some scary parking maneuvers around the market. If we could restrict shoppers from parking adjacent to the vendor's vehicles, especially when a vendor sells out and leaves, or driving through open vendor spaces, it may make it a little safer, but never 100 percent safe.

I hope your markets give this situation some thought and find solutions to reduce the chance for this to occur from potentially deadly shoppers, and even other vendors losing control of a vehicle.

It's not easy trying to make a sale and still stay aware of the parking lot traffic.

GG

Here is a link that might be useful: News story

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals