Return to the Market Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Are you on facebook?

Posted by rustico_2009 (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 23, 12 at 13:23

I just opened an account. Since we have this growing in common, I would like to invite a round of face book "friending". I understand some don't use facebook. I was terrified of it the first time opening an account and never posted or invited anyone! Of course, some people only have close friends and relatives, but mine's going to be somewhat public. That said...My somewhat anonymous email is LVPJamul@gmail.com.

Feel free to use this thread to establish other world contacts with anyone you want to.

I hope I have broken any written or unwritten rules, or otherwise done something stupid!

Best regards.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Are you on facebook?

i'm on facebook as is my farm.
Randy Cohen
Indian Valley Farms
send me a friend request and i will accept.
i never post personally except to wish people a happy birthday.
we do post pictures and sometimes comments on the farm page.

o

I have a personal page sandy Burrell and a business page Northern Tropics Greenhouse. I post a whole lot more on the business page than the personal page. I post on northern tropics about once a week with pictures, updates on what's ready now, special offers for Facebook ad mentions when they come in to buy. Send me a friend request or like our page!
We have some great updates coming on our banana plant that's blooming now...

o

I also have a farm page for the CSAs and market customers but it has only been one month.

o

• Posted by magz88 5a - Central Ontario (My Page) on
    Tue, Oct 23, 12 at 23:43

My facebook page is Sanford Market Garden.

o

I am a crackbook whore-I have hundreds of friends, I post a lot on my own page about things in my life and politics and I have a page for my farm that used to be a great marketing thing but since they have change FB so you have to pay to get you posts seen by more than 1/3 of the people in your group, so not nearly as powerful. My farm page is Boulder Belt Eco-Farm if you want to join. It is on that site that I post pictures so if you want to see the farm join the blulder belt page. I am Lucy Goodman-Owsley if you want to friend me

o

Thanks for your consideration.
I'll get to adding.

Btw my page has no farming on it yet...lol. Nice pic of a kid eating a watermelon we grew.

My name is Russell Walsh. There are several people with that name on Facebook. I am the one born on the 4th of July.

o

I "liked" your farm pages literally and in the Facebook way! Funny thing is that I had previously looked at them all based on them being posted in earlier threads.

I guess you can't "invite a friend" on business pages.

All of what you are doing is really neat.

o

I have a FB page for my farm and then I went and lost the password and login to get in and manipulate it. Does anyone know how to correct this? I'll bet it's really basic but I haven't a clue. Mine is Konza Valley Ranch. I haven't been able to update or anything because I don't know what I'm doing....;oP

o

If a lot of time has gone by the account may have fallen off,not sure. I did the same thing but just started a new account since recall was not working.

o

Mine is Grandma's Garden.

o

I use facebook to share pictures of the farm and info on the CSA. My page is Eating Seasonally CSA. If you want to get the pictures, recipes an dother info you need to click see in newsfeed.

o

My daughter started us one.https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tulsa-City-Farm/215023611874285

o

I just started a facebook page for the market I sell at. I became the market manager this year and I'm trying to expand the market. This is the first time I have used facebook. I'm trying to figure out how to get people interested in the market before it starts up for the season.
http://www.facebook.com/centrevillemarket

Here is a link that might be useful: Centreville Farmers' Market

o

Have everyone that vends at your market, 'friend' your facebook page and then post what's available.

o

That's my plan this season, once I set up a farm page. I did post on our local DDA fb page; as we (Market vendors) were allowed to post on their page to advertise farmer's market related info, like what a vendor would be bringing or pics of our farm/garden.
Deb

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Market Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here