Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rustico_2009

Are you on facebook?

rustico_2009
11 years ago

I just opened an account. Since we have this growing in common, I would like to invite a round of face book "friending". I understand some don't use facebook. I was terrified of it the first time opening an account and never posted or invited anyone! Of course, some people only have close friends and relatives, but mine's going to be somewhat public. That said...My somewhat anonymous email is LVPJamul@gmail.com.

Feel free to use this thread to establish other world contacts with anyone you want to.

I hope I have broken any written or unwritten rules, or otherwise done something stupid!

Best regards.

Comments (15)

• randy41_1
    11 years ago

i'm on facebook as is my farm.
    Randy Cohen
    Indian Valley Farms
    send me a friend request and i will accept.
    i never post personally except to wish people a happy birthday.
    we do post pictures and sometimes comments on the farm page.

• sandy0225
    11 years ago

I have a personal page sandy Burrell and a business page Northern Tropics Greenhouse. I post a whole lot more on the business page than the personal page. I post on northern tropics about once a week with pictures, updates on what's ready now, special offers for Facebook ad mentions when they come in to buy. Send me a friend request or like our page!
    We have some great updates coming on our banana plant that's blooming now...

• little_minnie
    11 years ago

I also have a farm page for the CSAs and market customers but it has only been one month.

• magz88
    11 years ago

My facebook page is Sanford Market Garden.

• boulderbelt
    11 years ago

I am a crackbook whore-I have hundreds of friends, I post a lot on my own page about things in my life and politics and I have a page for my farm that used to be a great marketing thing but since they have change FB so you have to pay to get you posts seen by more than 1/3 of the people in your group, so not nearly as powerful. My farm page is Boulder Belt Eco-Farm if you want to join. It is on that site that I post pictures so if you want to see the farm join the blulder belt page. I am Lucy Goodman-Owsley if you want to friend me

• rustico_2009
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for your consideration.
    I'll get to adding.

Btw my page has no farming on it yet...lol. Nice pic of a kid eating a watermelon we grew.

My name is Russell Walsh. There are several people with that name on Facebook. I am the one born on the 4th of July.

• rustico_2009
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I "liked" your farm pages literally and in the Facebook way! Funny thing is that I had previously looked at them all based on them being posted in earlier threads.

I guess you can't "invite a friend" on business pages.

All of what you are doing is really neat.

• teauteau
    11 years ago

I have a FB page for my farm and then I went and lost the password and login to get in and manipulate it. Does anyone know how to correct this? I'll bet it's really basic but I haven't a clue. Mine is Konza Valley Ranch. I haven't been able to update or anything because I don't know what I'm doing....;oP

• rustico_2009
    Original Author
    11 years ago

If a lot of time has gone by the account may have fallen off,not sure. I did the same thing but just started a new account since recall was not working.

• little_minnie
    11 years ago

Mine is Grandma's Garden.

• rhashell
    11 years ago

I use facebook to share pictures of the farm and info on the CSA. My page is Eating Seasonally CSA. If you want to get the pictures, recipes an dother info you need to click see in newsfeed.

• tomatoesandthings
    11 years ago

I just started a facebook page for the market I sell at. I became the market manager this year and I'm trying to expand the market. This is the first time I have used facebook. I'm trying to figure out how to get people interested in the market before it starts up for the season.
    http://www.facebook.com/centrevillemarket

Here is a link that might be useful: Centreville Farmers' Market

• myfamilysfarm
    11 years ago

Have everyone that vends at your market, 'friend' your facebook page and then post what's available.

• 2fennelshirts
    11 years ago

That's my plan this season, once I set up a farm page. I did post on our local DDA fb page; as we (Market vendors) were allowed to post on their page to advertise farmer's market related info, like what a vendor would be bringing or pics of our farm/garden.
    Deb