Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
2ajsmama

How to find Facebook Local Sales page?

2ajsmama
9 years ago

minnie - you mentioned this but I can't find it, when I enter Local Sales I get some other cities', and some just named "Local Sales" that don't look active, when I entered "Local Sales" and name of town CT I get no results.

I was going to send you a message via FB but couldn't find that on your page either.

Comments (17)

• boulderbelt
    9 years ago

Pay some money and boost some posts in your local geographic area and you will get local likes. Also share your page on all local pages like yard sale pages or the " grew up in_______" Pages and any other local FB pages you find to your area. Oh and share your pages with local convention and visitor bureau FB pages, they usually will repost.

And post things at least 3x a day and ask friends and clients who are on the page to like and comment as much as possible as more activity means more people will see your page as that is how the algorithm seems to work

• 2ajsmama
    Original Author
    9 years ago

How do you find the local (yard sale and other) pages?

• 2ajsmama
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Another FB question (their help center isn't really a help). I have a "personal" account that I only created so I could have the business page. The email account associated with it is the business email, so the "username" associated with the "personal" account is briarwoods.farm I can change that to BriarwoodsFarm to make it easier to remember and then "transfer" that username to the farm Page but can only do this once so I want to make sure it's right.

I don't know if this will work, when I selected username for the Page and entered BriarwoodsFarm, clicked Check Availability, it said briarwoods.farm was the username and I could transfer it, I do have the chance to edit that in my Personal Profile to use caps and no dot, but since I don't have 25 fans (same as Likes?) I'm not sure that's true and I don't want to use that version for my personal username and not have it be available later after I do get 25 fans.

Once I do get 25 fans (can you all help by "liking" me?), can I have different usernames for the personal profile and the Page? Maybe that would be best, just need 19 (or 22, not sure, I have 6 "likes" but don't know how many "fans") more.

As you can tell, I don't really understand social media - I don't know Twitter at all.

Does anybody have any experience setting the Page's username before you had 25 followers? Or making your Page username the same as your personal username?

This post was edited by ajsmama on Thu, Oct 16, 14 at 9:40

• myfamilysfarm
    9 years ago

let me see if I can find and like. I found you, but not your page or group.

• myfamilysfarm
    9 years ago

can you post the link to your page?

• 2ajsmama
    Original Author
    9 years ago

yeah, here it is, I had it on other thread. Without the username it's hard to find. But I'm concerned that if I change the username from briarwoods.farm to BriarwoodsFarm on my personal profile and then transfer it to the page and it doesn't direct people to the page (right now it's set to my personal Timeline) that I won't be able to change it later. You can only do it once.

Here's the farm page

Here is a link that might be useful: My FB page

• myfamilysfarm
    9 years ago

liked.

• 2ajsmama
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks. Maybe I can set a separate username for the farm page once I get 25 "fans". AFAICT, a "fan" is just someone who liked your page. I don't know if liking a post helps. But Tess (from another forum) has liked several posts and my "Likes" hasn't changed so if that changes now I think it will count toward the 25.

Can I return the favor for anyone? I've already liked Minnie's and Lucy's pages.

I just got an email from the soup kitchen thanking me for all the veggies this year, I'm going to ask them to "like" me too. Should I ask to be listed as a sponsor on their website, or would that be too pushy (maybe they'll do that without asking once I ask for a FB like)?

• 2ajsmama
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Yep, up to 8 page likes now, thanks Marla and Terry (I don't know who that is). Marla, did you get my message? I tried to reply to yours but don't know how that works on FB.

• little_minnie
    9 years ago

Ours is called Buy Sell Trade and there is one for every local town. We also have a group that is just community stuff but not sales.
    I searched for a site for you. Link below

Here is a link that might be useful: buy sell group

• theripetomatofarm
    9 years ago

Not in your area but I liked it as well. My wife is a FB guru, when I get my page(s) going this winter, I will impart all the knowledge I gain unto you, LOL.

• 2ajsmama
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Gee, how do you even find that Minnie? Thanks

Thanks to you too, TRT, I am looking forward to the FB lessons.

• little_minnie
    9 years ago

You probably also have a local facebook group just for community news. You can't do business there but you can try to get word out about the market.

• 2ajsmama
    Original Author
    9 years ago

It seems like you need to know what something is called to find it - I tried Local Sales Barkhamsted and got nothing. You found Buy Sell Trade Barkhamsted?

So I should try Community News Barkhamsted? (and other nearby towns)

I did post on the local Historical Society page that we'll be at the next Barn Dance with samples of old-fashioned preserves, the Society liked my photo and put it in their album so I emailed the VP (a neighbor who calls each year to ask for donations) and asked her to "like" my page, not just the photo, if possible.

I haven't heard back from the soup kitchen since I replied to their email thanking me for donations. Is it too pushy to ask for FB likes? What about being listed as a sponsor on their website (I don't know if they have a minimum $ amount to be listed, can ask but the town farm is one, they don't make $ donations and they are chartered to provide a certain % of their harvest to charity but they are still listed.)

I won't be Boosting my page since I found it's $5/day to reach about 14 people, minimum 7 days!

• sandy0225
    9 years ago

I liked your page too, now you're up to 16 likes. If you want to like my Northern Tropics Greenhouse page, the link is below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Northern Tropics Greenhouse facebook page

• 2ajsmama
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Sandy - I got a few overnight after I emailed my cousins who I know are on FB. I Liked your page too.

Love those blue pumpkins - do they attract SVB like the Hubbard squash do (I know it's not the blue color, but I'm looking for more resistant types for next year)?

• sandy0225
    9 years ago

I didn't have any trouble with them on mine, but I did have trouble on some of my white pumpkins this year. The only problem I had with them this year is that some of them rotted on the vine and they also have very long vines. Some of them were 15 feet long!

Sponsored