Return to the Market Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How do you sell bok choy and tatsoi?

Posted by Slimy_Okra none (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 24, 11 at 21:34

Do you sell whole heads, or leaves on a cut and come basis?
Do you bag them or sell them loose like cabbage?
Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How do you sell bok choy and tatsoi?

i sell it by whole heads by the pound. it doesn't sell very well.

o

I sell bok choi by the head, for $1.50 per head. It didn't sell too well until I pointed out to people that you didn't have to stir fry it, that you could chop it up and cook it like a mustard or turnip green, but that you don't have to drain the water and cook it again. Then it started selling real well to anyone who likes greens. haven't tried tatsoi, sounded like a harder sell around here.

o

We did our first bekana this weekend in bunches (similar shape to bok choi) - they sold well.

Our tatsoi we will be doing as heads/bunch as well. I don't think there will be any more coming again for us this year so we are taking the whole plant.

o

I sell Bok Choy by the head. I am getting $2.00 a head.

This was from December 11th last year.
Dec 11 Red Choy and Napa Cabbage

Here is another Red Choy from later in December last year.
Red Choy

I have sold Tatsoi by the head and by the bag. It just depends on how much you have to sell.

Jay

o

Thanks everyone. I have been selling only leaves so far but I will also be selling some heads at the next few markets. Jay, those are some huge bok choy!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Market Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here