Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jrslick

Fall and Winter Garden in high tunnels

I wanted to share pictures of my fall and winter garden. We are selling all the produce online through www.rvp.locallygrown.net We still have farmers markets for two more weeks and a market in November.

My fall and winter garden consists of 3500 square feet of high tunnels and 1000 square feet of low tunnels.

Here is Hoop A

From left to right, Radishes, Beets, Swiss Chard, Spinach, Haikuri Turnips, Some left over broccoli, Lettuce, Napa Cabbage, Joi Choy, Red Choy, Tatsoi, Longevity (a type of tatsoi I guess), and Arugula.

{{gwi:117804}}

They all still need mini hoops and row cover to cover them, but that is on the to do list.

Hoop C

My most mature crops and most recently planted.

Left to right, Lettuce, Kale, Spinach, Under the cover Green onions, Bok Choy and Napa Cabbage, Freshly Planted Haikuri Turnips and Carrots

{{gwi:117805}}

Hoop D

This building grew Bell peppers and Cherry Tomatoes this spring and summer. I tore out the cherry tomatoes. Too overgrown and slowing production. The bell peppers are great. They are loaded and I have been picking bunches every week for the Farmers Markets.

Outside rows are bell peppers and under the row covers I have spinach and lettuce. I just transplanted the 250 plus lettuce plugs yesterday and the spinach is coming up or getting its true leaves. I still have grasshoppers in here and they love spinach. They don't mind the lettuce, but they will eat the spinach down.

{{gwi:117806}}

On to the Movable Buildings. I have two movable buildings and I have crops growing outside and I am going to move the buildings over the crops soon. One probably this week and the other one once I loose the green beans or in about two weeks.

M1

Haikuri Turnips, Beets, Carrots, Carrots, Haikuri Turnips

{{gwi:117807}}

M2 Has the same crops growing in it as M1.

{{gwi:10180}}

M1 also has green beans growing inside.

{{gwi:117808}}

Low Tunnels Broccoli and Cauliflower.

I have over 400 broccoli and cauliflower planted. They will go under row cover soon. I have to get a lot of other stuff done first!

{{gwi:12631}}

{{gwi:117809}}

The first low tunnel hoop.

{{gwi:117810}}

Brussel Sprouts

They go planted too late, but we are going to see what happens.

{{gwi:117811}}

Last outside planting of Green Beans.

This was a last second Hail Mary Planting. I have rinsed the frost off of them once and I have picked 40 pounds of beans off of the first picking. I am hoping to get 1-2 more pickings!

{{gwi:117812}}

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Iris Design Associates
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars22 Reviews
Northern Virginia Landscape Architect - 13x Best of Houzz Winner!