Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Besides cleaning up, what are your winter plans for this year? I am planning on building my 4th high tunnel, haven't started yet, but I need too! I don't want to have to chip frost out of the ground. I am going to repair my other three tunnels, if needed.

1) Have neighbor come up with tractor and plow two of my garden spots, he offered, and I am going to take him up.

2) Have neighbor till up large area for potato garden.

3) Spend time making raised beds in two of my garden areas. I used this last year, in limited places and I liked the results.

4) Build more seed starting racks and try to find more lights, as cheap as possible.

5) Make low tunnel row cover supports. I am wanting to make a wooden jig and bend the pipe myself.

6) Lay out plans for next years garden. Write down rotation schedule and ask others about it.

7) Take plastic off current high tunnels. They are not built for snow load. I still have stuff growing and so I don't want to take them off, yet. Maybe during Thanksgiving break.

8) Find more food grade plastic 55 gallon drums to build raised planters out of to plant lettuce in.

9) Do everything in the house that my wife wanted me to do all year, but I never got around to doing it.

1. Relax by the warm fire.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting