Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jrslick

November 16th Garden Pictures, SNOW!

On Sunday night/Monday morning, I was forced to end my season extension and end most of my gardening season. We were right on the line between getting heavy snow and getting none/very little. I swept off the building at 1:30 am and then again at 2:30 and the snow was falling fast! Not regular snow, 7-11 slushy snow. It was wet and heavy. Keep in mind the temperature was 35 degrees outside. It never got below freezing. Strange, this was a new one on me.

Well I decided instead of getting up every hour to sweep and knock off snow, I would just pull the plastic off. Very hard decision at 2:30 in the morning, during a snowstorm and by yourself. Well it was that or pay to replace everything that the snow would break. so, I got out the drill and took all the screws out of the furring strips and man-handled the plastic, snow and sweat over and tied it down to the other side. It actually was easier than I had planned, so that was nice. But it was very sad to have to bring everything to an end. If this was the spring, I would have done the opposite and fought hard, but it wasn't worth it. I had a great season.

Final thought, 5 miles or less south of my house, less than an inch of snow. 5 miles north of us, 5 plus inches of snow up to a 10-12 inches 30 miles north. We ended up with around 3-4 inches. It snowed all the next day too. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Eager to start up again next year and do it all again!

hoop building with plastic on the side

{{gwi:119310}}

Open side of building

{{gwi:119311}}

Snowy Tomatoes

{{gwi:119312}}

{{gwi:109515}}

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022