Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jrslick

Promoting our Winter Market

Hello,

I was wanting to know what other ways, other than word of mouth, that I can promote our winter market coming up this Saturday. Our market manager quit at the end of October, so she isn't doing anything. The market president and secretary are suppose to put ads out in the paper, but I am not sure if it is being done. They are both very nice people, but sometimes they just don't get things done.

I use to be the voluntary Facebook page manager and I would promote it that way, but the old market manager took over the admin rights and she won't talk to me about giving them back to me. We have 1600-1700 "friends" so I know we could reach them, if she would do it or let me do it. She also took down the market website.

I am sending out emails to everyone I know in the town and asking them to share the information with everyone they know. I have posted the information on every Craigslist page I could. I have asked for the information to be included on every community page/information on every newspaper and radio station around.

I am thinking about making a huge sign, 4 feet by 8 feet, that says "FARMERS MARKET TODAY" with an Arrow and the name of the building it is at at the corner of the busy street and the street it is on.

I know all these things should be getting done by someone else, but I can't afford to have another poor winter market day. It is suppose to be a wonderful day, weather wise, but we need customers!

Any ideas would be nice.

Thanks,

Jay

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Through The Garden, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
#1 Landscape Design Build Firm Serving Virginia/Maryland & DC Area