Return to the Master Gardeners Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Roots & Rhizomes Nursery: Quality Plants?

Posted by summerstar Z7VA (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 16, 05 at 5:07

What's your experience with this company? They're located in Randolph, WI. I haven't ordered from these people in a very long time. Their prices are quite good, but are the plants I'd receive good quality? Am planting a new perennial bed.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Roots & Rhizomes Nursery: Quality Plants?

Check out the feedback on 'The Garden Watchdog'

o

Thanks for your reply, but can you elaborate where I can find the place you suggested? Is it a different website? I checked the forums here on GardenWeb and found no listing for "The Garden Watchdog".

o

Separate entity.

www.gardenwatchdog.com

o

I have ordered from R & R with good results. However I would suggest that you check out forestfarm.com as well. I've ordered from several companies in the past 5 years, and Forest Farm has been tops in plants, packaging, and customer service. They offer gallon and "tube" sizes. Since the company is in Oregon, shipping gallon sizes is $$$$, so I've mainly purchased tubes. The plants have been healthy, heavily rooted and ready to go into the garden (after hardening off, of course). Their catalogue doesn't have pictures, but the website does. Good Luck!

o

I would never again order from Roots and Rhizomes, once is enough! The only good thing they have is a beautiful catalog.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Master Gardeners Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here