Return to the Master Gardeners Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'm excited, I just registered for the course!

Posted by nannerbelle 8A (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 17, 14 at 2:00

Hi everyone, I'm really excited, I just registered for the Master Gardner/Home Horticulture class at Clemson University online. The way it works is I take the course time online from home for the next 12 weeks, then I can take the state exam and do my volunteer hours for my full Master Gardner certification. I'm really excited, I've been wanting to do this for years and was limited by time and driving distance to the classroom time. Any tips for one who is starting down this path?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'm excited, I just registered for the course!

Nanner...
I'm in week 6 of classes here in Hoke Co...how fun that you are able to do some of the program online. Good luck!

o

I was looking at Clemson's program (I'm in the Greenville, SC area). But I couldn't find out if there was a charge and, if so, how much for the program?

o

Vivey, it's not cheap. The fee is $300 for the online version I"m taking. But it's a good program and I'm pretty impressed with the video lessons, the handouts and the course over all. There are always activities or Labs at the end of a chapter and there is a lot of interactive discussions on line with the activities. If you can swing the charge for Online, it's well worth it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Master Gardeners Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here