Return to the Master Gardeners Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Great Free info, Products, and more for Successful Gardening.

Posted by homegardeningshop NJ (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 28, 10 at 10:51

I created this post to share and give free information on successful gardening tips and techniques, and to offer information on where to purchase discount gardening supplies and products. I will show you where to purchase the best products, tools, vegetable and fruit plants, shrubs, and flowering trees for you to grow in your own yard.
About Me:
I have over 30 years of Gardening and Landscaping experience and would be happy to answer any questions that you may have, so dont hesitate to ask.
I have a passion for growing Tomatoes. I live in New Jersey which is famous for producing the best tasting Tomatoes in the United States. I have many customers that live in Florida who practically beg me to sell them the New Jersey Tomatoes that I grow. They tell me that they are the best tasting tomatoes that they have ever tasted. Not that Im bragging, but they try to outbid each other when I put up an auction on eBay for my Tomatoes. I really dont make a lot of money selling them, but its a lot of fun and I enjoy sharing them with people who love Tomatoes.
I will be documenting the progress of my garden this year and will post information on how I do it and pictures of the garden and all the plants that I grow.
Heres to your Gardening success! May you harvest all the information that you need from my site to create a bountiful garden for years to come!
Don Inglis

Here is a link that might be useful: HomeGardeningShop.net

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Great Free info, Products, and more for Successful Gardening.

It's against the GardenWeb standards to use this or any GW forum for advertising. Please spread your compost elsewhere.

o

What is the secret to keeping plants looking nice and healthy? I buy nice dense plants in the spring, by mid summer they look like I've ignored them, which I haven't. I feed them miracle grow, watering the roots and spraying and I prune, sun/shade being obeyed. What are the lawn services doing to make everything look so good? Like shopping malls have beds where begonias are 15 inches tall, so dense you can't see through them, and nice thick blooms. Mine 4-6 inches tall, 7-14 blooms most of the time. My shrubs & containers, same problem.

o

"Right plant, right place"
Sounds like you're killing them with kindness, fussing with them too much and not allowing them to become established at their own pace.
Are the plants you're putting in adapted to your local climate, soils, water,...?
From your post it sounds like you don't have a basic knowledge of plants and their needs, also known as botany, or you have some large gaps in what you do know. Try reading some books on the topic.
Also keep in mind that malls, etc, usually have a landscaping service and often any ailing plants are yanked out and replaced before they're noticed.
One last point:
This forum is for Master Gardeners and MG discussion, not for general gardening questions. Try contacting your local Co-operative Extension office for help.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Master Gardeners Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here