Return to the Master Gardeners Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Got a gardening problem?

Posted by lsteele (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 4, 06 at 13:41

Want to maximize your garden's potential? Feel like your green thumb has turned a bit brown?

Maybe we can help! We're looking for young, fun, articulate and energetic homeowners to appear as guests on HGTV's Gardening by the Yard with Paul James. We'll send Paul to your home to get down and dirty and help you get to the root and fix your gardening problems. Please note that this is not a landscape makeover show, rather a show that deals with specific gardening problems or questions Paul can lend his expertise to.

If interested, please e-mail lsteele@sfpseattle.com with a description of you, your gardening dilemma and contact information. Digital photos of you and your garden are required for consideration.

Please send DVD or VHS tapes to:
Lauren Steele
Screaming Flea Productions
5950 6th Ave. S, Suite 109
Seattle, WA 98108

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Got a gardening problem?

Hi Lauren

I built a series of raised cedar beds last year. I grow 50+ varieties of vegetables. I have a host of issues on an ongoing basis. Right now my cold weather varieties such as broccoli are turning purple, my tomato seedlings are too tall for my inside grow lights but the weather is too cold to plant them outside yet, and I'm not sure how best to keep the deer out. Last year I used a 7 foot deer fence with T-posts and the deer jumped right over it.

I think my garden would be ideal for either a one time or an ongoing series of features. You could follow the progress of the garden as well as dealve into the common problems of a rank amateur gardener.

It's pouring here today but I'll send pics in the next day or so.

Thanks

Scott Rifkin, MD
410-960-7975

o

• Posted by gshann Z6 PA ChesCo. (My Page) on
    Fri, Apr 21, 06 at 17:25

Love the show, and I watch it all the time now that there are two TVs downstairs. I'll send pictures shortly.

o

why do they have to be "young"????

us oldtimers are gardeners too...

o

I have a Artemisia "Powis Castle" - I can't find anyone that knows anything about it - I would like to thin out my plant but do not want to kill it. Would like to share clippings from it if it can be done - Please help
Thanks

o

Do you have "The Well-Tended Perennial Garden" by Tracy DiSabato-Aust? She has a section about Powis Castle artemisia which answers your questions but it's too long for me to copy it here for you. Maybe your library has a copy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Master Gardeners Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here