Return to the Master Gardeners Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does anyone know about MG in the Antelope Valley, CA?

Posted by desertrat1 Zone8_CA (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 20, 07 at 12:28

Hi there. I am new to this forum. Came over from Garden Junk. I've been towing with the idea to take a MG program but seem to get nowhere. I am in Los Angeles County and with the LA County Cooperative Extension it seems that everything offered is located in Los Angeles (about 70 miles south of me). Have an email out for more info, but seems that I'm at the wrong time (I think the application is offered in the winter monthes). Does someone have some more viable info for me regarding MG in the Antelope Valley Region?

Thanks in advance!
Love, Jules

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does anyone know about MG in the Antelope Valley, CA?

The link below will take you to a site where you can find extension offices in California. The classes are usually held in the winter months because the people who teach them are just so busy in the gardening season of the year.

Good luck in finding a class you can take. I've enjoyed all of the years I've spent as a Master Gardener Volunteer.

Here is a link that might be useful: CA cooperative extension offices

o
RE: Does anyone know about MG in the Antelope Valley, CA?

Sandy,

Yep, I've been there. I put in another email to see if I get a response. It all makes sense to have the classes in the winter because no one does a thing gardening when it's freezing! I'm just hoping there is someone on here who is from the area that can give me a heads up to whats what here.

Thanks again Sandy! I have another gardening friend from VA that I met through BHG and now we are on Garden Chat on Delphi Forums.

Love, Jules

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Master Gardeners Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here