Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kimpa600

Any new trainees from Bucks/Montgomery Co., PA?

I am looking forward to beginning the training class in late August. Anyone out there who will be joining me?!!

Comments (4)

• Patriz
    18 years ago

Hi Kim,
    I'm starting the class in Phila., however, I was told that I can sit in on the BuxMont classes, too. The same instructor for each topic rotates amongst the SE counties here. Are you going to Doylestown? I'm in an awkward location, as Doylestown is easier for me to get to than West Phila., since I live one block from Montgomery County and closer to Bucks Co. Perhaps we'll meet up in one of the classes. I did meet some new trainees in my class but none of them are gardenwebbers.
    Trish :)

• kimpa zone 9b N. Florida.
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Yes, our first class is in Doylestown (orientation) then we have 7 classes in Creamery. The last half will be in Doylestown again. They told us we could go to other counties' classes which may be necessary if we miss one of our scheduled days. We go on Tuesdays from 9 to 12.

Your classes may be closer to me than going to Creamery. I live in Newtown which is at least and hour or more. Where is your class located and what day and time?

I hope to meet you someday. I've seen your posts for years and have enjoyed them!

Kim

• billie_ann
    18 years ago

Kim, I'm not one of your classmates but I graduated from the Mont-Bucks classes in January 2000. It took me about an hour to get to Creamery for classes. I took the turnpike. I'm only about 2 miles from the turnpike. I'm sure I'll meet you soon. I'll be working the MG's Q & A booth at the Grange Fair on August 18th starting at 2:30.
    Some of my classmates were in the same situation as you and Trish. They lived closer to another counties office and class facilities. It happens all the time. But you do have to attend the classes in your county and only take makeup classes in other counties.
    Kim, You'll also see the difference between the two counties. Unless they've changed it, Montgomery County trainees paid for their classes. We just had to pay for our manual and badges. Believe there was also a difference in volunteer hours. So watch when you talking to other trainees because the counties have different rules/guidelines. Billie

• Patriz
    18 years ago

Hi Kim,
    My classes will be held at the:
    Kirkbride Center
    Penn State Philadelphia Outreach Center (Name changed)
    111 N. 49th Street
    3rd. Floor North, Ste. KN3-100
    Phila., PA 19139
    Volunteer Class will be held on Thursdays from 10:00 to 1:00, starting August 25, 2005.

I Google-Earthed the location to get my bearings on the new place and community, as I'm taking public transportation to get there. It would be almost a nightmare to drive in the am on the Schuylkill Expressway to get there. I'd love to carpool with someone going to these classes, or ride the train together. Anyone...?

There was an MG summer picnic yesterday, but I was unable to attend due to a death in my family.

Here's to a good learning year!
    Trish :)