Return to the Master Gardeners Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Share your MG association websites, please?

Posted by kathicville 7 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 1, 06 at 8:28

Hello....Our local MG association/group is planning an overhaul of its website, to give it a jazzier look and feel, plus some new features. The existing website is serviceable, but a little bland. So we're looking for models of what other MG associations around the country have done. If you have a website to share, would you please send me your link?

Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Share your MG association websites, please?

Kathi, This is not exactly what you asked for but I AM a Master Gardener and I have an award winning website at the link below. You may get some responses here but you also may have to research these sites on your own. Why not have on the home page an apple tree called the tree of knowledge and have each fruit be a link to the next page such as apple #1= volunteerism, apple #2= events, apple #3=newsletter, apple#4=extension contact, apple #5=projects, and so on.

Here is a link that might be useful: BitterSweetGardens.Com

o

Yes, it's easy enough to Google them. Doesn't every state have one, or at least a page at the University's Extension site? I haven't looked up that many...

I think ours is mg.umn.edu

o

Hi...Thanks, Eddie and leaveswave....Very nice website, Eddie!...........I've already done quite a bit of Googling, but was trying to supplement what we've found by asking the question here. Our local association website, for example, is NOT on Virginia's statewide list at the moment. (Nor will it be until we've upgraded it.) So, I assume that there are other MG websites that also don't pop up in all the obvious places....I also thought that I'd be more likely to be pointed toward particularly good sites if I posed the question directly to fellow MGs who like what their local associations have put together online.....Thanks again.

o

Hi,
I am webmaster for the MGV website in Forsyth County North Carolina. Here is our website address
www.forsythcountymgv.com If I can be of help let me know

Here is a link that might be useful: Forsyth County MGV's

o

AHS has a link to every MG website at their site: http://www.ahs.org/master_gardeners/index.htm

o

Here is the link to the Clinton and Essex Counties Website in New York

http://ecgardening.cce.cornell.edu/

adker

Here is a link that might be useful: Master Gardeners of Clinton and Essex County

o

Terrific! Thank you, everyone!....I looked at the AHS's "map" of MG associations around the country---a very helpful resource.....I think we'll have plenty of good models to learn from...But if anyone has more suggestions, don't hesitate to share them.......Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Master Gardeners Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here