Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thecitrusguy

Some Ideas For All My Fellow Master Gardeners Out There

The Citrus Guy
13 years ago

Hello fellow MG's,

I am a Charleston County, SC Master Gardener. I wanted to give you some ideas on different things.

I understand that each state program is different, shoot, even some counties in each state is different. There is one guiding point we all have though.....educating the public!

I have started a Blog, a different kind of Blog. It is not the usual "what's going on in my garden today", variety, it is an educational one. Yes, I do tie it into what might be happening in my garden, but I also use questions that I get at the office, talking to my mother or one that just happens to be of interest to me.

I bring this all up to help some of you out in getting your hours in. Here in South Carolina, we have to have something like 20 hours of educating and 10 hours of continuing education, each year. I usually don't have a problem with either, but if you do, here is some help.

Talk to your Extension Agent and see if they would be willing to give you some Continuing Education hours for reading my Blog? I am not trying to be conceited or feel superior to you! After you see my Blog for the first time, you will understand where I am coming from. I put a lot of time and effort into each posting, especially in my fact checking. My posts will definitely give you some good information that you can pass onto your clients.

Okay, what about getting the Educating Hours? Why not start a Blog of your own like mine? Like my mission statement says, "I started this blog as a means to extend the Master Gardener Mission of education". I average anywhere from 1 to 2 hours every time I post...It can add up to some major hours. My extension agent thinks it is a fantastic idea!

I only ask a couple of things:

1) Please check out my Blog. If you like it, become a public follower. It costs nothing and will help out our MG program. As I get more followers, my number goes up as to the amount of people I am educating. The University sees this and realizes that the MG program is important and will continue to fund us. As of this posting, I already have 27 followers.

2) Again, if you like it, please pass it on to other gardeners you know, I might just happen to write an article that will help them out immensely.

If you don't like it, forget about it. You never heard of me, you never saw this post and you never have to read it again.

Okay, The link is: http://thecitrusguy.blogspot.com/

Thank You for your time!

Darren

a.k.a. The Citrus Guy.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Citrus Guy Blog

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor