Return to the Master Gardeners Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
MGs earn Texas state award

Posted by marlingardener (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 22, 07 at 16:21

The Little River Basin Master Gardeners of Cameron, Texas worked hard and made a community demonstration garden out of a debris strewn site. Their project, known as the Triangle Community Garden, earned the 2007 Municipal Excellence Award in City Spirit, awarded by the Texas Municipal League. The garden is also a Wildscape Demonstration Site, designated by the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department. There are not a lot of TPWD Wildscape Demonstration sites across the state.
I have had the privilege of meeting and working with some of the Little River MGs, and they are a dedicated, community-minded, fun group. The city of Cameron and the state of Texas can only benefit from their presence!
I posted this on the Texas gardening site, but wanted all you MGs to know what a great group we have here in Central Texas.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: MGs earn Texas state award

Congratulations Little River Basin Master Gardeners!!!

From the La-Terre Master Gardeners Association
Lafourche/Terrebonne Parish, LA

o

Where can I find this garden. I'm a MG in Temple - just a hop, skip and a jump away fromt here. I'd love to go visit it.

Xtal

o

Xtal,
The Triangle Community Garden is in Cameron, and if you contact the extension agent or the Chamber of Commerce in Cameron, they will be able to direct you to the garden and give you a contact in the Little River Basin MGs. You will be amazed at what an asset this MG chapter has been to their area!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Master Gardeners Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here