Return to the Master Gardeners Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to find Frost Warning?

Posted by AbuFish z7 NM (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 11, 04 at 17:17

New to the Garden,
Read some books saying that we need pay attention to the frost warning and cover our plants when necessary.

I don't watch TV often, most of my time is on the web :-P Is there a website have such kind of Frost Warning?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to find Frost Warning?

Our local TV stations have websites and all carry weather reports on them. Google your local ones and see if they offer the same info.

o

There is a site called Weatherbug that you can download into your Favorites list. It will give you the weather and forecast for your area and anywhere else in the US as you request. Try www.weatherbug.com, or something like that. If not successful, send me an e-mail with your e-mail address and I can go into the Weatherbug site and send it to you. But I have to have your e-mail to address this. Roy

o

Hi Sandy, try http://www.srh.noaa.gov/

I use NOAA all the time; has everything connected to weather you need tailored to your city/state.

Jo

o

Sandy, Contact your county's Cooperative Extension Office. They can supply you with a wealth of information on "frost warnings" and other gardening information. You may find one of us, a master gardener, there! Billie

o

• Posted by tanama z7a, southern DE (My Page) on
    Wed, Oct 17, 07 at 19:43

Bumping this to ask - does anyone know of a weather site that will email you if there is a weather warning/frost warning?

o

This site is GREAT about severe weather warnings (never got frost warnings, though.) I used it in FL for years and switched it over to our TX county immediately after we moved here. It also sends releases about food recalls, etc. You can also pull up a screen to see your local radar.

Here is a link that might be useful: emergency e-mail

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Master Gardeners Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here