Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lilyroseviolet

Round Robin in honor of Maine_gardener (plants only) flys June 1

lilyroseviolet
18 years ago

In honor of Maine_gardener's request for a live plant round robin...I would like to start and send this robin flying.

Please email me with your address so that I may set up the flight pattern.

Also update your trade lists on the members page.

Everyone is welcome to participate, the flight will be taking off on June 1.

Right now, Just email me so that I can include you on the flight pattern.

With the addresses I will make out an index card for each participate receiving the robin. Tape this address card to the outside of the box you are sending and the last card used (hopefully) would be me, yours truely! :)

When you recieve your box please open it, and replace with a live plant for the next home where the robin plans to land. The last person on the list will send the robin back home to me and I'll see what plant I get!

Yippee! lets have fun!

Keep in mind that Live plants are more perishable.

Please send bare roots or small container plants well packaged for traveling.

Comments (14)

• maine_gardener
    18 years ago

Im in sign me up!

• lilyroseviolet
    Original Author
    18 years ago

alright! thank you! its gonna be a go now! Lets see who else wants in on the this one.

Maybe more lurkers with the cold weather and rain due in this weekend. I have been trying to get out in the gardens every waking minute I can.

• Andrea M
    18 years ago

This sounds great, sign me up too. But, I do have a few questions to make sure I do it correctly as I've never round robined before. Do we check the want list of the person to whom we're sending the plant to make sure we give them something they want, or do we just send something nice we have handy? How does one make sure the plant arrives in good shape? I've ordered plants off the internet that have arrived by mail, and they've done fine, but they're usually tiny. I assume robin participants want nice fat healthy plants. :-) Thanks for your patience with this newbie! Oh, and can I send you my address without posting it on the forum? If so, how? Thanks again!

• lilyroseviolet
    Original Author
    18 years ago

You may send what ever your heart desires. A box will arrive to your address, you will remove the contents and then send what you would like on to the next person, who will take that out and replace and send along to the next person. Being that we are keeping this in Maine or nearby, shipping should be kinder than trying to get it across country, however, use common sense and some thought in getting the plant. Updated trade lists are nice to go by but shouldnt be a requirement.

You can send me your addy by sending me an e-mail off my members page. Just click my name which is underscored next to any of my postings and that should take you to my members page. From there hit "send me an e-mail". Just follow the instructions and I'll be getting your address.

Once I get your address I will put it on an index card and number it in sequence of "the flight of the Robin". When you recieve the box a note with the order to send the Robin will be in it along with each adress on an index card for your convience to tape on the box as to who the package is being sent to and also posted here on this thread for reference. Some people may like to get a confirmation number, I dont know how much that costs, but its rather inexpensive, if I remember. Once you send the robin out you would post your confirmation number here ( not necessary to pst or get confirmation number- but do post it as being sent out)and give the next person in line a heads up, "the robin is on its way!"

The main idea is to have fun, if someone doesnt like what they get, its just the chance one takes. But I have never been dissapointed and have been doing seed/plant roundrobins for 2 years here and have never been dissappointed in what I got, usually make new friends and have alot of fun!

So no whinning if you play! Now lets have some fun.
    Send me your addys and June 1st this little robin is off!

• lilyroseviolet
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Anyone else? The robin flys on June 1 or about. Please email me your address if you havent already. Thanks

• lilyroseviolet
    Original Author
    18 years ago

OK tomorrow I'll update and get this robin off on Monday to those participating...any one else wanting to be involved mail me your addy and be apart.

• lilyroseviolet
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I have some addresses from a few of you and the robin is to go out tomorrow. Flight pattern to be decided tomorrow ( incase any last minutes want to join) I am headed to the post office at 3:00pm- Hope your name is in it,too!
    email me if you want to participate.....

cheers-
    Lilyroseviolet

NO blackflies allowed in the Robins.LOL

• lilyroseviolet
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Here is the robin flight pattern:

1st stop Starks, Maine to see Katagious
    2nd stop Vinalhaven, Maine to see MarthaCR
    3rd stop Falmouth, Maine to see Anahmi
    4th stop is Maine_Gardener ( we need your address, I sent you an email- hope you got it)
    5th stop is West Tremont, Maine back home to Lilyroseviolet

Hope everyone is ready, this little bird has had a time trying to get off the ground...so hope this works.
    Tweet tweet little bird ...have some fun spreading plants over Maine!

Lilyroseviolet

• lilyroseviolet
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Was wondering about the flight of the little robin....has he landed any where?

• Katagious
    18 years ago

Hi, sorry haven't been able to post. The robin has landed at my doorstep and is waiting for the weather to clear and the ground to dry up enough for him to dig up his surprises before he heads east! Hopefully....sunny weather this wkend!

• Andrea M
    18 years ago

Is this robin still flying? I haven't seen it yet, but maybe it's stalled due to hot weather. Let me know....

• lilyroseviolet
    Original Author
    18 years ago

hopefully the robin gets up and going again. The weather has been a challenge this year. I will try to contact the last person to see what is happening to our little friend.

• maine_gardener
    18 years ago

Did you find out whats going on with the swap?

• lilyroseviolet
    Original Author
    18 years ago

No, I cant get an email through and no responses...I am not sure if the robin went off course or is grounded. I hope it just got over heated and needed a break from the humidity...I am praying for you little robin, I dont want to loose you! I do believe I do believe, I do believe I do believe...please little robin speak to me...where are you?

Sponsored