Return to the Maine Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Softwood cutting exchange

Posted by Mabeldingeldine z5 ME coast (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 16, 04 at 14:40

I'm planning on giving softwood cutting propagation a try, and I'm hoping to work out an exchange of softwood cuttings.

Due to the nature of the cutting, it would have to be pretty local. I live in the mid-coast area and am willing to travel to you with cuttings.

I'm looking for:
Mountain laurel
Mockorange
Evergreen azalea
Red and yellow twig dogwood
Hydrangea
Clematis
Purple sand cherry
Viburnum
Weigela
Witch hazel
Purple Butterfly bush

I have to offer:
Forsythia
Rhododendron (white)
Small leaved rhododendron (purpley-pink)
2 varieties of arborvitae
mapleleaf viburnum (1-2 cuttings only it is a young plant)

Is anyone interested?

Mabel

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Softwood cutting exchange

I am on MDI, hows that?

o

Hi Mabel, is Auburn close enough? I have plenty of hydrangea and next year my buddleias will ready to yield some cuttings. I'm not in the market for any cuttings but would be happy to give you all the hydrangea you need, and then maybe in your travels, you could help me locate some old iris varieties.

o

Hi Mabel, I was wondering how the cutting were going for you?

I am always interested in some trades if you do something like this again.

Thanks for keepimg me in mind

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Maine are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Maine Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here