Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sweety13_gw

Garden swap

sweety13
19 years ago

Is anyone interested in coming to a swap in midcoast area if I host one? Post here and I will get back to you! steph

Comments (25)

• bethee
    19 years ago

I would be interested in knowing more about the swap. I have never been to one. It sounds like something I would go to though. Where is it going to be held? I am in Topsham.

• josie_2
    19 years ago

What a wonderful idea,I would love to go,however I have a new garden with nothing to swop.I would love to buy if that was OK.I live in Boothbay.

• The_Dollmaker
    19 years ago

Stephanie, what's Midcoast? If it's not too far from L-A, I can come. I have yellow daisies, lilacs, rugosa and climbing rose, and several varieties of wildflowers. My most recent swap experience was disappointing, but I would be willing to try again. I would need to know a bit in advance because the roses and lilacs are still attached to their mamas.

• mikefrommaine
    19 years ago

Midcoast means Camden/Rockland area up here......not sure about where she's from. So why am I answering this question? Beats me....bored i guess.

• maine_gardener
    19 years ago

I would love to come let us know more details. Im mid coast boothbay

• gardengardengardenga
    19 years ago

MDI area here

• maine_gardener
    19 years ago

so whats going on with this post ? Is anyone organizing a swap?

• sweety13
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Hi everyone! Yes I am still interested in hosting a swap, I have been sick with a chest cold, so haven't been very energetic. I would like to give it a few more days to see if more people are interested, and then I will put a couple dates, majority will rule! So watch the post, and I will email everyone directly in the next couple days, in case someone doesn't see this post! I live in Bath, which is pretty close to most who have posted!

• The_Dollmaker
    19 years ago

Josie, sometimes if I know there is a swap but I don't have any plants to dig, I quickly sow seeds in flats to bring to swaps, or pick things up at greenhouse sales that are great bargains but not something I want for my own garden. Some swaps will count tools or books, but you would have to ask ahead of time.

• maine_gardener
    19 years ago

Hope your cold is on the mend. Nothing worse then a summer cold.

• gardengardengardenga
    19 years ago

Any idea when this swap would be? I would have to travel a good distance and would enjoy a nice fall foliage drive at the same time....October 12 is usually peak here! Hint hint
    cheers

• Mainiac
    19 years ago

I might be interested... Let me know when and where

• The_Dollmaker
    19 years ago

What day are you thinking of? Sundays are good for me.... I have something on the calendar every Saturday this month. Weekdays are ok too because I am self employed, I realize many folks can't do it during the week though

• sweety13
    Original Author
    19 years ago

I am thinking either sept 21 or 22 tues or wed, say 5:30-7:30 or so. Bring what you have to trade,plants, bulbs, seeds, houseplants&cuttings,newbies could bring something other than a plant like Gardening mags, Craft item,get creative! I am sure we can have an extra stash for newbies if we work together! Lets just have some fun! I will have refreshments of some sort too! Lmk about the dates, majority rules! The swap will be in Bath ! Steph

• The_Dollmaker
    19 years ago

Either day is fine for me

• gardengardengardenga
    19 years ago

glad to see a committment for a swap...that date will be here soon...That will be right before the common ground fair, which I hope to attend so I can get more garlic to grow for next year!

• Mainiac
    19 years ago

I am still interested! But a weekend is better or me and I will be coming from the Portland Area. Do we have a firm plan yet?

• josie_2
    19 years ago

Hi Steph,any day or time is good for me.I am so looking forward to meeting eveyone.Thank you so much for organizing this swap meet.Regards Josie_2

• The_Dollmaker
    19 years ago

Are there any guidelines as to what we can expect? The last one I went to, not affiliated with this group, was chaos. I was relieved of about $50.00 value of perennials before I even had them out of my car, and received 6 chives in return. I did plant and enjoy the chives, but it wasn't really a fair swap.

• sweety13
    Original Author
    19 years ago

I am going with wednesday, not alot of people have emailed with a preference, unfortunately weekends are out for me, I work all weekend! Email me directly for address and directions, starts at 5:30, will have refreshments here!

• bethee
    19 years ago

Steph, I am in Topsham so it would be easy for me to come but where is it being held? Is the time and place set yet?

• josie_2
    19 years ago

Hi Steph,did you send me info on how to get to your home?I have not got anything yet and I think there may be something wrong with my Email.I wrote 2 Emails to a lady in Boothbay through this link and never heard back from her.I just have to find you.Regards Josie

• josie_2
    19 years ago

Hi Steph,look at the time and I'm up worried about my Email from you.I think I have solved the problem.I forgot to subscribe,but,it will be in the post as soon as it opens this morning (too late for your swap info).I love this Garden Web and will get the T shirt also.Regards Josie

• The_Dollmaker
    19 years ago

After all that, I am not going to make it! I need to go to a wake for my friend Evelyn Pearson.

• maine_gardener
    19 years ago

How did the swap go? I wasn't able to go

Sponsored