Return to the Maine Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
who is your favorite gardener?

Posted by lilyroseviolet Z4-5+MDI-Me (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 30, 05 at 19:18

My favorite gardener would be probably my parents, and then B Ferrand and Jeckle. I am reading more and more about Eliot and Barbara Coleman. There is an elderly woman named Gerry Stanley that I adore and another woman that was a great teacher to me named Frieda Parks.

I appreciate what Kathy Vangorder does, yet her style is too natural for my taste, I like my gardens a bit more controlled yet the look of naturally occuring (cottage). I dont like the stiff formal look except on occasion and in its demanded place.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: who is your favorite gardener?

Have you ever seen the book, "Tasha Tudor's Garden"? OMG, she has gardens to DIE for!!!! I love her illustrations too. I also like Ryan Gainey, his book "The Well Placed Weed" and his video, "Creating The Romantic Garden". I also love watching Roger Swain on PPP and his "Food For Thought" segment.

Cathy

o

Thanks for the info Cathy. I will keep my eye out for those books. I should be seeing Roger Swain athat the New England Grows convention, he ususally is there and with his side kick dressed in that same red spenders outfit, they look like actors more than professional gardners or a santa claus character that is just pretend they are so cute! I'll get their autograph for you if you like! :> Hopefully, I dont get pinned for waht I just said. lol

o

I can go only by what I've seen on the website but judging from that Barbara Damrosch is my favorite. She's followed by Tasha Tudor.

o

• Posted by kap1 Zone 4-5 ME (My Page) on
    Tue, Feb 1, 05 at 21:12

My favorite is Paul James followed by Tasha Tudor and she's just as great in person as she is in her books

o

I have been hearing alot about Barbara Damrosch, I think I may need to go up and check out that farm at Harborside sometime this winter. I would enjoy seeing their winter operation of growing salad greens. Isnt Barbara more an ornamental expert and Eliot is the Veggie Expert/Grower.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Maine Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here