Return to the Maine Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Update On People, Places & Plants magazine

Posted by anne_marie_alb 5 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 1, 10 at 8:26

Follow-up on this thread: PPP
Subscribers may be the last ones to know..
This is what I learned reading the column by Tom Atwell in the Sunday Press Herald yesterday:
Rick Churchill (one of the writers of the magazine) announced:
PPP has ceased publication, although Paul Tukey has made no official announcement. There has not been an issue for eight months, and issues were sporadic before that.
Tuckey, contacted by e-mail, said the magazine is not yet officially dead. "It is still listed for sale by a Portland broker," he wrote, "and several entities are interested in acquiring the title to move it forward in some fashion. Until that happens, we've been holding off making an announcement." He hopes to notify subscribers by March 1.

Although I'm very disappointed in the way this was handled, I will miss the magazine.

Anne-Marie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Update On People, Places & Plants magazine

I caught the last minute or so of an interview with Paul by our local morning television news show this morning. He was talking about the Portland Flower show. Didn't catch much of what was talked about. Did anyone get the whole interview and did he say anything about the magazine? NancyLouise

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Maine Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here