Posted by MarthaCR z5 Me (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 31, 05 at 9:04

my crocus are up!

Martha

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: signs of spring

Hi MarthaCR,
Crocus are a happy sight. Its at this time of the year that I cant decide whether to pick the flower (for drying)or cherish it as it is!

o

I have lillies up and found a wooly bear.

o

Well I was actually on my hands and knees in my flower garden yesterday! Wooooohoooooo.... Climbing roses are showing life, tulips are up, crocus, and Jacob Ladder... Oh oh and a flock of Geese flew over today! Now that's a true sign!

Robin → What is wooly bear???
Be Well
Bev

o

As the snow has receded from most of my gardens, I've been poking around and seeing signs of life on daylilies, iris, phlox, a delphinium, etc. The Louisiana iris I planted last year is all green, that's a good sign because I thought their hardiness was iffy. Roses seem to have done exceptionally well, knock on wood. Many have green canes up to the snowline, 2-3'.

I visited one of the gardens I work in on the other side of town. She has a "hot spot", southern side of her house, where the daffodils have buds, beareded iris is up 12", viola are in bloom, hyacinths budded, tulips ready to, a few hollyhocks coming along. It is amazing! I will be able to start working there next week, at least in the hot spot. The perennial border on the other side of her yard is still covered in snow.

o

I was hoping that the lime tree I over wintered is alive.

I will check later today as we got in last night.

It stands in the back yard wrapped in an insulated blankets and mulch.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Maine Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here