Return to the Maine Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
is it just me...

Posted by mrscoyle 5 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 14, 07 at 11:36

...or does anyone else make a dozen or more trips around their yard to gaze at the little green tips of flowers that are finally poking their heads up? My neighbors must think I am obsessive but every plant that seems to have survived makes me feel so successful.

I have a tiny yellow crocus that made an appearance today. I think it is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. So far.

Maybe I've just been indoors too long.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: is it just me...

No, Mrs. Coyle, it's not just you!.

I can't believe how fast the snow is melting. Sunday my front yard had a clear patch about 4x4. I spotted 3 daffodil shoots today, and the 4x4 patch is now 1/2 the front yard. Be sure to still keep the boys engaged in the growing process so they can equate their labors of last fall with the emerging plants.

I garden indoors with african violets during the winter, but am so looking forward to the tulips and daffs planted last year, as are you and the rest of the whole state. Thank goodness we had the snow to insulate our bulbs.

Barbara

o

It was heaven to step outside yesterday and feel the sun on my back!

o

Thanks Barbara,

You must know that I've dragged my boys around the yard at least a half dozen times to check out the fruits of our labor. My oldest can identify the crocus leaves coming up and I think he correctly identified a daffodil. I'm not 100% sure if he's right about the daffodil but it's as good a guess as I would make.

Jennifer

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Maine Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here