Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sky351

Great Spring!

Sky351
19 years ago

Hi All,

What a pleasure it is seeing "brown"! I never thought I would see bare ground again, and to my surprise it's here! Strolled threw my garden, and was amazed to see all the life already! How did you're garden's fare? What's everyone up too?

Be Well

Bev

Comments (10)

• veilchen
    19 years ago

It sure is nice, just a little snow left, not including the snowbanks where we shoveled. And does it really look like the grass is getting a little greener?

• lilyroseviolet
    19 years ago

what a georgeous day!!! I'll be out until dark I hope working around the gardens!

• Sky351
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Nods ~~~~~ Uh huh! :))

You home Lilyroseviolet??

• maine_gardener
    19 years ago

I uncovered all my daylily beds and to my surprise there all up even though they where covered in snow just last week. I took 4 big truck loads of leaves to the dump yesterday.Daffodils are all budded up. Grass is getting that green look. Finally!

• Cindy_T
    19 years ago

Snowdrops are in bloom here. I'd never planted them before, but they are SUCH a welcome sight that I think I'll put a lot more in this fall.

• lilyroseviolet
    19 years ago

yes, I am home finally!!! YIPPPEEE just in time for all the work to do!

Crocus along the house foundation are bloomin their hearts out!

I havent seen snow drops in a while! Cant have enough flowers, I think I'll take CIndy's lead and put in a lot!

• Sky351
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Welcome home!!!

Cindy â I just looked them up "How Beautiful" what variety do you have??? And where did you buy them? I guess I'll have to follow suit with the rest of you!

Be Well
    Bev

• chelone
    19 years ago

This is the time of year that makes me wish I'd been more involved with bulb planting! What a joy it is to see the brave shoots poking out of the ground and the first flowers of the season.

It was an easier winter than 2003-4, more snow cover, so I'm hopeful that things will come through in fine shape. I heard the first peepers today, too.

• chicken_lady
    19 years ago

No fair Chelone! I'm still under at least a foot and a half of snow up here! :-( It'll probably still be a week or two before we hear the peepers here, but most of the river (Piscataquis)is free of ice this evening. But I did hear our robins singing today and the finches and siskins and such have been singing their hearts out for the past couple of weeks. Won't be to much longer for me!
    Yea spring, my favorite season in the garden!

Cathy

• zintal
    19 years ago

Boy am I glad our sump pump is working! Our snow would have ended up in the cellar. The bridge is finally out on top of the water in my field and crocus are blooming, tommorrow possibly the scilla siberica.

My husband and I got a surprise Friday. My Mother bought Maxim strawberries and they arrived early. We dug out the pyramid and planted fifty strawberry plants after replacing all the soil in the pyramid. These berries are supposed to get as big as peaches. This I just have to see to believe.

After that we went to Skillins for straw to cover them and bought 5-10-5 to fertilize and turn our three raised vegetable beds. Bought cold weather veg seeds and a water the gardens thing on a tripod that actually reaches all the gardens and is light to move to the other gardens.

We had great fun. The beds are all turned fertilized and around April 17th it will be safe to plant cold weather veggie seeds.

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals