Return to the Maine Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
House plant identification

Posted by thanhnle 5 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 13, 09 at 9:29

First, I apologize for cross-posting. I posted the following message in the Houseplant Forum, but would also like to ask fellow Mainers for help in identifying a plant.

I do not have a picture of this plant that I saw at the Visitor's Center of the Pineland Farms in New Gloucester, this weekend. The leaf is in the shape of the nasturtium leaf, some as big as 6 inches in diameter. It's shiny and dark green with spots in a light yellow or lime green color. The spots are irregular in size, but as big as a nickel. The plant looks established with about 3 dozen leaves on sturdy stems. It is placed by the window with no direct sun light.

If anyone recognize this plant, please drop a note.

Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: House plant identification

A member of the Houseplant Forum has identified it for me. Farfugium Japonicum.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Maine Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here