Return to the Maine Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to Purchase Mulch

Posted by nu2thegarden ME (My Page) on
Thu, May 13, 10 at 8:25

Hello,
New to the board here. I wanted to inquire of those souls out here, where is a good place to purchase Mulch from in the Hollis area. I will need delivery so that will be key.

Many thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to Purchase Mulch

Good Morning,

I live in the next town over in Waterboro..

Not sure what part of hollis you are in but my favorite nursery in the area has bulk mulch..

Ossipee Trail Garden Center
333 Ossipee Trail East, Gorham, ME 04038-2131
(207) 839-2885

Give them a call..If they cant they might know who does..

However, several people advertise delivery.. do you get the shoppers guide? Just look through alot of time you will see something.

I dont pay for mulch.. I get it for free when I can.. But I have a truck, the road crews cut down trees every year and grind it to mulch.. I usually find a few truckloads for free load a year.. Last year I just made my own out of the woods I cut down.

Silverkelt

o

Thanks Silverkelt

I am on the Hollis Limington line. I will give Ossipee trail a call. Making my own sounds like an idea, I have some clearing to do this summer so I will have the stock to do it.

Thanks Again.

o

It cost me about 150 bucks for the day to rent the shredder, it took up to 6-8 inche brnaches so a fairly big one.. They are LOAD though! I got mine from truvalue hardware in bar mills, so a town over from you...

Also Leavitt Earthworks in Standish has bulk mulch as well

LEAVITT EARTHWORKS

PO BOX 703
STANDISH ME

There # is 6423675

Silverkelt

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Maine Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here